Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Countdown has Started

for the ThueringenULTRA...  

Am a bit concerned going into this as I've not confirmed all of my plans for the race.  I still don't know if/when I'll be able to get off on Friday.  I need to get out early in order to get over to Froettstadt to do my final race check in.  The race starts at 0400 on Saturday which is pushing me to get over there Friday evening.  Work has me flying by the seat of my pants right now...

Nonetheless...  Last week was a pretty good training week.  The hamstring injury I developed a couple of weeks ago seems to have subsided.  It is no longer bothering while resting and does not seem to bother me while running distance.

All of training routes this past week were beyond 13KM except for Monday.  Have been lazy today given the thunderstorms we're having this weekend.  The rain doesn't bother me, but I'd hate to be out between here and Holzgerlingen and get caught up in some of the lightening we've had all day!

Roll on out there...

One of my favorite "Anti-Commute" locations taken between Vaihingen and Boeblingen on the A8 going south.  Shot was taken from the Roemerstrasse Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment